Is there really such a thing as Perfect Light? Preferred Light maybe, but not Perfect. In my time in photography, I have found that ALL light is perfect. It is up to the photographer to capture, modify, diffuse or create light around a subject and display it so that is shows his or her vision.

Monday, March 26, 2012

  Well, we finally got around to covering and paneling our cyclorama and backdrop wall. The drywall is typical of any normal interior wall, 1/2" sheet rock with joint compound and tape on the seams. For the radius of the cyc we used Durham's Rock Hard Putty. It comes in a
powder form and you simply mix it with water. We used this for all the seams in the wood used to cover the radius of the cyc and the wood that extends out 15' onto the floor that completes the backdrop. A word of caution mix it in small amounts and mix only what you need as it dries extremely fast. That an also work as an advantage as with in a hour of applying it you can sand it and move on to you next step. This worked perfect for all the seams, staple and nail holes, and any imperfections if the surface of the wood. The only prep work that was done to the plywood subfloor before applying the new surface, was to make sure it was swept clean and we apply 3M commercial spray adhesive.
 After giving the putty on the seams ample drying time, I used a belt sander with medium grit paper to smooth the seams and staple holes that were filled. With the belt sander it took about 10 minutes to do all the sanding. Now we are ready for primer.
  For primer I chose BULLSEYE brand water based primer/sealer. I wanted a sealer because I intend to use White exterior porch and patio paint as a final top coat. With the wood being sealed and the paint having a smooth hard exterior type finish to it, this will allow it to be wiped clean when needed.
 So for now I will  prep and prime it
white along with any of the other areas in the space that we will be changing the color of. As you can see I still haven't made the cover for the electrical panel.










 I just couldn't resist trying it. So while I was taking my update photos today I took a moment and turned my strobe up to 1/2 power with it about 8' of the backdrop this is what I got with a single speed light. This is going to be a dream for my wife to use once we mount the two adjustable Manfrotto arms on opposite sides, each with one of our Paul Buff Einstein E640 strobes. We also plan to install a ceiling mounted strobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment